A recipe that is loved by many. Bananas and pancakes are a match made in heaven!
· 9 Oatmeal Pancakes (ready-made or frozen)
· 2 bananas (sliced into ½ inch pieces)
· 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
· 1/2 cup orange juice
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 tsp cinnamon
· 1/4 stick butter (chilled and cubed)
1. In a medium sauté pan, heat on medium the orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Gently stir. Cook until reduced by a third or when sauce appears to become syrupy (approximately 5 to 7 minutes).
2. Add bananas and continue stir for about a minute or until the bananas are coated.
3. Cut off heat and stir in chilled butter constantly until fully incorporated in sauce.
4. Heat up Oatmeal Pancakes (or any variety of Frozen Pancake, Waffles and French Toast) according to package directions and pour sauce over pancakes.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Eat and enjoy!
Tip: For an adult version, add 2 tablespoons of dark rum
Posted on Tue, September 16, 2014
by Aaron filed under