A classic recipe simplified! Layer slices of turkey, ham and mozzarella between two slices of French Toast for a quick and satisfying meal
· 6 slices of Homestyle French Toast(ready-made or frozen)
· 1/2 pound or 9 slices of store bought deli roasted turkey breast (thinly sliced)
· 1/2 pound or 9 slices of store bought deli sliced Tavern style ham or best brand ham (thinly sliced)
· 1/2 pound or 9 slices of mozzarella
· 1/4 stick of melted butter
1. Preheat press grill. Heat French toast for 90 seconds in a microwave single layered using a microwave safe plate.
2. Remove plate from microwave and take 2 pieces of French toast and top first piece with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, 3 slices of turkey and additional slice of mozzarella.
3. Add 3 slices of ham and cap it off with 1 more slice of mozzarella cheese.
4. Add the last piece of French toast.
5. Butter both sides of bread with melted butter then place on pre-heated grill and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
6. Remove, cut in quarters, and serve. No syrup needed since the sweetness of the French toasts makes this Super Duper Monte Cristo sweet enough!
Tip: If you do not have a grill, feel free to use a non-stick 10” pan and pre-heat on medium-high heat. Butter both sides of the sandwiches with melted butter and cook in pre-heated pan for 3-4 minutes while placing light pressure with a plate that will cover all the sandwiches at once. Flip and do the same. Remove and serve.
Posted on Tue, September 16, 2014
by Aaron filed under