Jazz up your Buttermilk Pancakes with this easy and light jam-like sauce
Makes 4-6 servings
· 1 box of Buttermilk Pancakes(ready-made or frozen)
· 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
· 1/4 cup sugar
· Juice of 1 lemon
· Grated zest of 1 lemon
1. In small saucepan, mix together 2 cups blueberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons water, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer until compote is syrupy and blueberries begin to break down (about 5 to 6 minutes).
2. Transfer compote to bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade, add lemon juice and pulse until smooth. Put compote in a bowl and garnish with reserved 1/2 cup berries and lemon zest.
3. Heat up the pancakes as directed on packaging and top with compote.
Posted on Tue, September 16, 2014
by Aaron filed under